A gluten free, dairy free, cover-all-the-bases-for-a-healthy-snack muffin that is made easy with the help of your blender.
These beautiful, chocolate-stuffed muffins came together on a day when all four of my young children were a little hangry, I was a little exhausted, and all I wanted was something quick for a fun dessert snack that would fill them up and also be something healthy enough that I could justify stuffing it with chocolate chips and still feel good about my life. If you are familiar with gluten-free baking you know that that beautiful dome top on a gluten-free muffin feels like a fantastic achievement; and look! there it is! These little guys are tasty, not too sweet but sweet enough to answer a craving, and packed with organic, whole grain sprouted oats and brown rice flour for fiber and staying power, grass-fed collagen, eggs, and hemp seeds for protein and coconut sugar and organic dark chocolate chips for a sweetness that doesn't wreak havoc on your blood sugar.
Pumpkin Oat Blender Muffin Recipe
Prep 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Makes 24 muffins
1 can (15 oz.) organic pumpkin puree
6 tbs coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup water
3 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups sprouted oats, blended dry to make a flour
½ cup brown rice flour
1 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup hemp seeds
2 tbs grass fed collagen
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Place oats in a blender and blend for 10 seconds or until they grind into an oat flour.
2. In a large sized bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
3. Put the wet ingredients into the blender and blend until fully incorporated, scraping down sides if needed.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
5. Line muffin tins with muffin papers or grease muffin tins with coconut oil and pour ¼ cup of mixture into each tin. Sprinkle more chocolate chunks on top if you desire ( which you do).
6. Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Check frequently towards the end, you want them a tad underdone verses overdone to keep them from drying out. Cool before serving.
7. Store in an airtight container.